Olympian Bonnie Blair Cruikshank paints her star on the Flag of Hope. It was captured by Milwaukee’s TMJ 4.
What is Flag for Hope?
Flag for Hope is a social movement of people all across America coming together to recognize our shared humanity, and to unite in harmony.
It’s a message of peace and hope for our future as one people, and our connection to the rest of the global community.
It’s a way of viewing our place in this great country, and in the world, a view that celebrates our commonality, and puts aside the differences that separate us.
And it’s America’s chapter in Impressions of Humanity, an epic and monumental humanitarian art project the likes of which has never been created. Marcos Antonio, artist, is helping the world to create its own work of art by leaving hand impressions on a canvas. When complete, the canvas will constitute the largest single piece of art in the world, made up of 960 panels from every country on the globe. Each country will be represented by 5,000 individuals invited to make their impression.
The ultimate goals of “Impressions of Humanity” are:
1. To make a world peace canvas where people worldwide will be holding hands without conflict.
2. To celebrate everything we have in common: Our Humanity.
3. To erase everything that separates humanity.
4. To give a voice to people who do not have one.
5. To immortalize one million people worldwide